The Sheridan College Hospitality and Tourism Management AAS program builds on basic skills developed in the certificate programs, preparing students for supervisory and management positions in hospitality and tourism industries. In addition to overseeing daily functions, hospitality/tourism managers are involved in purchasing, finance, human resources, event planning, marketing, and operations. If you like working with people and want to be part of the fast-growing industry, the Hospitality and Tourism Management AAS program at Sheridan College will provide you with the training you need to jump start your career.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment of hospitality, tourism, and food service managers is projected to grow 15 percent from 2021 to 2031.
Faculty and Community
Our NWCCD faculty are dedicated to helping you set and achieve your academic goals. Our faculty bring decades of experience in a variety of fields to the classrooms to help you learn and prepare you for your future in the hospitality and tourism field.
Hospitality & Tourism Management graduates find employment in a variety of fields and allows you to work in the following fields.
- Identify the core values and cultural approach necessary for branding.
- Develop decision making and leadership skills to perform in a high-performance hospitality/tourism team.
- Create processes to deliver high quality customer service and profitable guest cycle.
- Apply marketing, sales, and promotion principles related to hospitality and tourism.
- Analyze best practices for management and organization relative to the hospitality/tourism industry.
- Establish loss prevention guidelines for various hospitality and tourism operations.
- Evaluate budgeting and revenue management guidelines useful in making reliable business decisions.
- Outline the necessary components to event planning, design, and delivery.
- Describe the legal aspects of contracts and employment.