The Culinary Arts and Hospitality Foundations Certificate Program is designed to prepare students for immediate entry-level placement in the field of Culinary Arts and Hospitality. The coursework reflects real-world techniques and ideas along with providing the students with tools and knowledge to be successful in the field. The basics of cooking are covered in addition to general management skills.
This program transitions seamlessly into the Hospitality and Tourism Management Associate of Applied Science (AAS) program. There is concurrent student opportunity within this program.
Note: Students will be required to complete 33-34 credit hours to earn this degree.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics, food and beverage services is a growing occupation with an average growth of 17% over the next ten years.
Culinary Arts & Hospitality graduates find employment in a variety of fields. Earning a Certificate of Culinary Arts & Hospitality from Sheridan College will allow you to work in …, and more.
- Demonstrate proper kitchen equipment operation and maintenance skills
- Evaluate production techniques
- Evaluate costing methods for maximum profitability
- Create a menu with the appropriate aesthetic plate presentation
- Prepare menu items
- Perform decision making and leadership skills to perform in a high-performance hospitality/tourism team.
- Create processes to deliver high quality customer service and profitable guest cycle