The Culinary Arts and Hospitality Foundations Certificate Program is designed to prepare students for immediate entry-level placement in the field of Culinary Arts and Hospitality. The coursework reflects real-world techniques and ideas along with providing the students with tools and knowledge to be successful in the field. The basics of cooking are covered in addition to general management skills.
This program transitions seamlessly into the Hospitality and Tourism Management Associate of Applied Science (AAS) program. There is concurrent student opportunity within this program.
Note: Students will be required to complete 33-34 credit hours to earn this degree.
Available at Sheridan College
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics, food and beverage services is a growing occupation with an average growth of 17% over the next ten years.
Faculty and Community
Our NWCCD faculty are dedicated to helping you set and achieve your academic goals. Our faculty bring decades of experience in a variety of fields to the classrooms to help you learn and prepare you to transfer into a four-year degree program.
NWCCD partners with colleges and universities across the region to ensure your credits will transfer after completing your Associate degree in Culinary Arts & Hospitality Foundations. Upon graduation, you will be equipped to enroll in Bachelor’s degree program and start pursuing higher education.
Earning a Certificate of Culinary Arts & Hospitality from Sheridan College will allow you to work as a hotel manager, restaurant manager, event coordinator and more.
- Demonstrate proper kitchen equipment operation and maintenance skills
- Evaluate production techniques
- Evaluate costing methods for maximum profitability
- Create a menu with the appropriate aesthetic plate presentation
- Prepare menu items
- Perform decision making and leadership skills to excel in a high-performance hospitality/tourism team.
- Create processes to deliver high quality customer service and profitable guest cycle