Degree Seeking Student Enrollment Steps

For full-time or part-time students seeking a certificate or degree. Follow these easy step-by-step instructions to successfully enroll in a degree program at Sheridan College or Gillette College.

Click here to create your online account and submit application for admission.

This application also serves as your general scholarship application. See step four for more information on how to pay for college.

If you have questions, contact our Admissions Offices:

Sheridan College Admissions: 307-675-0500 |

Gillette College Admissions: 307-681-6001 |

Degree seeking students are recommended to submit the following documents to the Admissions Office:

  • Official high school transcripts or high school equivalence test results
    • High school transcripts are required for all graduates within the last three years.
  • Transcripts from all colleges previously attended

If you have questions, contact our Admissions Offices:

After you submit your online application for admission, you will be emailed instructions for setting up your NWCCD Hub account. Your NWCCD Hub account is used for all college communications, class discussions, and more. In addition, it is where you can register for future classes.

We recommend that  all students fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – use Federal Student Code 003930 for Northern Wyoming Community College District (includes Sheridan College, Gillette College, and Sheridan College in Johnson County). Start by creating your FSA ID. Don’t forget, your parents will need an FSA ID, too!

Scholarship information can be found on the scholarships page. Complete a scholarship application as soon as possible. While there is no deadline, scholarship offers are sent via email beginning March 15th and continue throughout the summer. You will need to activate your NWCCD Hub account and your email account so you don’t miss out on any scholarship offers.

ATTENTION Wyoming Students: If you graduated from a Wyoming high school within the last 48 months you will be required to submit a paper application for the Hathaway Scholarship.  For a printable application and more information regarding the Hathaway program, click here.

There are many opportunities available for students looking for help with the cost of their tuition, books, housing, etc. If you have questions, contact our Financial Aid Offices:

To apply for housing, students must first be accepted and will then find the housing application within our student intranet, NWCCD Hub, on the Campus Life & Housing page.

If you have questions, contact our Student Housing Offices:

All students, including online students, are required to work with an academic advisor to register for classes. Upon being accepted to the college, new students will receive emailed instructions with specific details outlining next steps. Next steps may include:

  • Placement testing (if needed)
  • Sign-up for a registration day event
  • Attend/Complete an orientation

If you have questions, contact Advising Services:

Books may be purchased from bookstores located on each campus or online. Shop for books and supplies using course name and section number.

Once you have your books, you are all set to begin your classes.