NWCCD Veteran Student Next Steps
For full-time or part-time veterans seeking a certificate or degree.
Follow these easy step-by-step instructions to successfully enroll in a degree program at Sheridan College or Gillette College.
- Section 702 of the Choice Act requires NWCCD to charge in-state tuition for “covered individuals.”
- Receiving Montgomery and Post-9/11 educational assistance; and enrolls within 3 years of discharge after serving 90 days or more on active duty; OR
- Anyone using transferred entitlement within 3 years of the transferor’s discharge, after serving 90 days or more on active duty; OR
- Surviving spouses or children under the Fry Scholarship who enroll within 3 years of an active duty Service member’s death in the line of duty after serving 90 days or more; OR
- Individuals who remain continuously enrolled after initially meeting the requirements and are using CH 30 or 33.
- Provide your DD-214, member 4 copy for verification.
- Required documents
- DD-214 member 4 copy
- VA Educational Benefit certificate of eligibility
- Proof of service connected disability
- Determine veteran benefit package and apply
- High school (or HSEC/GED) within 3 years of graduation
- All colleges attended
- Military transcript will be requested at initial appointment with Veteran Services.
- Reading and math
- Required if no previous college level English or math
- Tests are about 1 hour each and cost $5 each
Sheridan – call 307-675-0100 or 888-675-0505
Gillette – call 307-681-6015 or 888-681-6070
- Admissions acceptance email has username and password
- Access vital information about your account and the college
- Financial aid and scholarships
- Registration, class schedule and degree plan
- Learning management system
- General information
- Meet with an advisor, preferably Veterans Service Office
- Choose classes
- Develop education plan
- First time students at NWCCD MUST register in person with an advisor
- Priority registration for military and veterans
- Register up to 2 weeks before everyone else
- Get the class schedule that works for you
- Must meet in person with an advisor