Explore NWCCD Benefits
NWCCD understands that benefits may be a determining factor in attracting and retaining highly qualified employees. The generous benefit package offered to qualifying employees at NWCCD includes paid time off, contribution to retirement and health insurance for you and your family, tuition reimbursement options, and many others. For a more detailed list see below:
Our employees have the option of selecting either the Wyoming Retirement System or TIAA-CREF for their primary retirement through NWCCD.
- Full-time Employees – NWCCD contributes 17.37%
- Designated Part-time Employees – NWCCD contributes 10.12%
Wyoming Retirement System – for more detailed information on the State retirement benefits please contact Wyoming Retirement System at http://retirement.state.wy.us/ or Wyoming Retirement System, 6101 Yellowstone Road, Suite 500, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82002 (307) 777-7691.
TIAA-CREF – for more detailed information refer to https://www.tiaa-cref.org/public/index.html.
- State pays roughly 85% towards the employees elected health, dental and life insurance monthly.
- For full detail of insurance click here.
- All plans have an initial deductible; the State Health Plan pays in‐network and in‐state providers for covered medical expenses at 80 or 85 percent. This amount may be less, if care is received from an out‐of‐state non‐network provider.
- A new employee and their dependents have 31 days from date of eligibility to enroll.
- Coverage begins on the first day of the month following employment.
- Various deductibles are available.
- NWCCD also offers a Health Savings Account (HSA) option. An HSA is like an IRA for medical care and requires a great deal of thought before electing to participate due to the restrictions and limitations. There are, however, some very attractive aspects to this option for certain individuals. If you think you may be interested, please request additional information on this option.
Preventative and optional dental coverage available with Delta Dental.
- Term Life insurance and AD&D coverage is available. Cost increases with age.
- The death benefit is $50,000 through age 59 and declines afterwards.
- Term Life coverage is available for Dependents.
- Additional life insurance is available through the State Retirement System plan. Group term costs $16.00 per month.
Vision insurance is available through VSP.
NWCCD pays the premium for coverage for all full-time employees through the Standard.
- Vacation Leave – Full-time Administrative and Classified employees accrue 20 days per year
- Medical Leave – Full-time Faculty, Administrative and Classified employees accrue 18 days per year
- Holidays – Board of Trustees approves between 9 – 16 days per year for full-time employees
- Personal Leave – 2 days per semester
- Leave is pro-rated for designated part-time employees
Based on employment status, employees have opportunities to receive tuition grants for employee and family members for all District classes. Full-time employees may receive a tuition grant for 3 credit hours per semester for University of Wyoming courses, does not include family members.
NWCCD provides many other tangible and non-tangible benefits for employees including bereavement leave, emergency leave, employee assistance program, paid meals, participation in District activities including free admittance to most home athletic events, professional development opportunities, and many others.