Two-Weeks of Training and Performances
in Voice, Acting and Dance alongside Broadway Professionals
2024 Dates TBA, stay tuned!
Ages 15 – 26
Tuition: $1200 | Room & Board $1200 (optional)
(R&B includes dbl occupancy room in Centennial Hall and 3 hot meals per day)
The Arts at Sheridan College presents a production of the Broadway Musical Theatre Intensive program titled Broadway Then and Now, a revue show that explores storylines, lyrics, compositions and popular musical sentiment of society in each decade from the 1940s to current Broadway. There will be three performances in Kinnison Hall at the Whitney Center for the Arts at Sheridan College: Friday, June 23, at 7pm, and Saturday, June 24, a 2pm matinee followed by another performance at 7pm. Tickets are available now.
Featuring these Broadway Professionals:
And these Sheridan College Faculty and Friends:
Move-in Day: Sunday, 6/11
Week One: Monday, 6/12 – Saturday, 6/17
Focuses on competitive audition preparation culminating in an audition showcase with industry professional feedback on Saturday, June 17.
Sunday Funday at TA Ranch June 18th will include a day trip to explore the natural beauty of Wyoming; a variety of recreational opportunities will be available.
Week Two: Monday, 6/19 – Saturday, 6/24
Next-level training, rehearsing, and performing alongside industry professionals in three concert revue shows titled Broadway Then and Now. There will be a performance on June 23rd and two performances on the 24th.
Broadway Then and Now will feature an array of pieces from 1943 – present. Tickets available for the public.
9am – 12pm – Training in Voice, Acting, and Dance
Lunch (included for all participants)
1:30 – 4:30pm – Training in Voice, Acting, and Dance
Dinner (included for room and board guests)
7 – 9pm – Broadway Then and Now rehearsal
Open to ages 15 – 26
Tuition: $1,200 – includes lunch every day AND Sunday excursion, 6/18
Financial Assistance Available, ask for details
Room and Board (optional):
$1,200 – double occupancy room in Centennial Hall and 3 hot meals per day
$1,600 – single occupancy room in Centennial Hall and 3 hot meals per day
College Credit option available: THEA 1300 Music Theatre Workshop, 3 credits
In-state: $483 | WUE: $642 | Out-of-State: $1113
**Bonus: Sheridan College scholarships will be awarded at the end of the Intensive to outstanding students in the categories of voice, dance, and acting
- Online: https://nwccd.formstack.com/forms/paynow
- In Person: Cash, check, debit/credit card, money orders; or over the phone: debit/credit card (processing fees apply)
- Mail: check, or money order to:
- Sheridan College
- ATTN: Business Office
- 1 Whitney Way
- Sheridan, WY 82801
- Make check or money order payable to Sheridan College and reference your name
Have your student practice the material they’ve been provided and make sure they are prepared to learn choreography. Practicing breath control and building stamina is very important.
The student will receive the script when they arrive and will work with our industry professionals to prepare.
- The college will provide a linen pack: Towel, sheets, blanket, and pillow. You are welcome to bring any of your own pillows or blankets if you prefer. A packing list was provided to your student via email but just in case here is the list below:
- Rehearsal and concert attire:
- Technique class: Women – leotard and tights and/or leggings or yoga pants (tighter fitting clothes to help see proper body placement) ballet shoes or jazz shoes and socks for barefoot work
- Men – white tee-shirt, yoga pants, dance pants, sweatpants or shorts (clothing that will not restrict movement) ballet shoes or jazz shoes and socks for barefoot work you do not need to buy dance shoes
- Shoes for both men and women: ballet shoes, jazz shoes, character shoes (I do have quite a few pairs of both tap and jazz shoes I’m willing to loan out for those who don’t own their own) if you do not own any dance shoes bring socks that you can use during technique class
- Rehearsal attire:
- clothing that will not restrict your movement and that is suitable for physical activity. If you aren’t familiar with dance attire, think yoga clothing. Nothing too loose that may affect partner work or hinder our ability to see alignment of the body.
- Please bring a new composition notebook and a 3-ring binder with all of your sheet music and monologues from your repertoire. (Anything you have in your repertoire book must be memorized) If you have an 8×10 headshot and resume bring them, if not do not worry about it. Pencil and highlighter. ***Pack a light weight tote bag or backpack to carry around campus.
- Sunday Fun Day at the TA Ranch
- Bring clothes you can hike, fish and do outdoor activity. Bug spray, sunscreen and hiking shoes or boots are a good idea. It will be a Wyoming cowboy kind of day with the Broadway stars!
- Concert Attire:
- Men – Please bring 3 button down collared shirts in a solid color one bold color and one white and one soft color, bring a black tie and another tie that coordinates with your light colored button down. 3 t-shirts white, black and a solid color (no writing, ads or logos). One pair of your best fitting jeans no holes or rips (if you have both light wash and dark blue jeans bring them). Light tan cotton twill khaki pants with brown belt to match your brown dress shoes. Black dress pants with black belt. If you have a vest or sport coat that would coordinate bring it. Black dress shoes with black socks.
- Women – Please bring one black dress you can move in and one solid bold color dress you can move in (cover just past the knee or mid-calf length and with flattering sleeves for your arms) One closed toe or small open toe black pair of shoes and one tan pair (2 1/2’ or 3’character shoes are beneficial but not required) with nude nylons and coordinating jewelry. Pack make-up and lip sticks that coordinate with your skin tone dresses. Lights wash you out so remember to go darker than your normal street make up.
ATTN: Broadway Intensive
1 Whitney Way
Sheridan, WY 82801
Bring clothes you can hike, fish and do outdoor activity. Bug spray, sunscreen and hiking shoes or boots are a good idea. It will be a Wyoming cowboy kind of day with the Broadway stars! Pants, ball cap and enclosed shoe preferably a tennis shoe.