Why Sheridan College?
- Work with knowledgeable instructors who are also professional software developers outside the classroom.
- Have the option to enter the workforce after two years or continue your educational journey on to a bachelor’s degree at the University of Wyoming or other four-year colleges.
- Focus on practical skills with a wide range of applications
- Study in-demand topics using modern tools, and processes.
- Programming skills are now in high demand in the sciences and many other professions. Practical coding skills can boost your earning potential across many careers.
Software Developers work in an array of capacities for large tech firms, government agencies, startups, non-profits, businesses and more. Software developers have in-demand technologies that are used across all industries to construct innovative solutions to make our lives better.
According to the U.S Bureau of Labor and Statistics, the demand for software developers will increase by 22% between 2022 and 2030, much faster than the average for all occupations.
According to a 2018 report by Burning Glass, a market research firm, companies with jobs in health care, life sciences, and marketing are all looking for coding skills now. Having those skills can boost your earning potential by as much as $20,000 a year.
Faculty and Community
Our faculty at Sheridan College bring decades of experience in software development to our classes. They are dedicated to helping you build the skills you need to get a coding job or to transfer and pursue advanced degrees and training. Our program will ensure you understand the fundamentals of Software Development, helping you prepare to be competitive in the job market. SC also has strong partnerships with local and regional tech companies, which provides experience with real-world scenarios to further your understanding and preparation for the job market.
Careers and Opportunities
From data mining and database administration to the sciences and social sciences to marketing, software development skills are in demand across a full spectrum of well-paid, in-demand career fields such as:
- Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality / Game Developer
- Data Analyst / Data Miner
- Statistician / Actuary
- Scientist: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Bioinformatics
- Social Scientist: Sociology, Psychology, Economics
- Quantitative analyst (quaint) in finance or sports
- Cybersecurity analyst or developer
- Mobile Developer
- Front-end Developer
- Back-end / Database Developer
- Full-stack Developer