NWCCD’s emergency notification system includes the use of many communication channels. In the event of an emergency, college officials will use all appropriate methods to alert students, employees and the public, including, radio, on-campus audible alert system, official college website, social media outlets and on-campus digital signage. Mass notification to staff and students will be achieved through the use of a text messaging service.
NWCCD Alert, is a mobile safety app for smart phones and tablets designed for staff, students and the public to allow users to quickly contact emergency services, find emergency information, the opportunity to report crimes (anonymously if desired), and provides the ability to establish a safety network of your contacts. It also provides a location to retrieve campus maps and other helpful information such as the locations of medical equipment.
Sign up for NWCCD Alert mobile app:
- Go to the App Store or Google Play
- Download the App “NWCCD Alert”
- Once downloaded, open the app
- Follow the Prompts to create your user profile
- Once your profile has been created you can explore the information and resources available.
Students and Staff to sign up for text alerts
- As a student or employee, you are already registered to received text alerts at the phone number contained in your profile in MyNWCCD