SOFTWARE/HARDWARE REQUEST PROCESS
In order to clarify the steps and appropriate channels of communication for all information technology hardware and software requests the following process and form have been developed:
- Employees must submit a “NWCCD: Hardware/Software Request Form” below. Whether this is “new” software/hardware or a request for an upgrade, patch or installation to accommodate existing software – a request must be submitted.
- Once the form is filled out, and a request is submitted, it will be automatically emailed to the Director of Information Technology Services as well as the VP for Administration for review.
- The current infrastructure must support the equipment requested.
- After initial review the form will be forwarded to the dean, director, or department head for the area requesting the software/hardware.
- The request form must receive the approval of the following individuals before any purchase can be made:
- Director of Information Technology Services
- VP for Administration
- Dean, Director or Department head for the area requesting the purchase
- Should a consensus for approval be reached between the individuals listed above, all arrangements for purchasing, installation and setup must occur between the requesting party and the Director of Information Technology Services.
- All requests must adhere to the following deadlines for submission to guarantee installation for a given term(this includes One Mill requests):
- Requests for software/hardware to be installed prior to the start of Fall term must be approved by June 1st.
- Requests for software/hardware to be installed prior to the start of Spring term must be approved by November 1st.
- Requests for software/hardware to be installed prior to the start of Summer term must be approved by April 1st.
- Any request that entails remodeling of a room or space should go through the planning committee and should not be submitted for approval through this process.