LIVING ON CAMPUS – QUICK SHEET
GET THE FULL SC EXPERIENCE
Living on Campus
College is about more than taking classes. It’s also a time to meet lifelong friends, join activities, and for some students, it’s a chance to live on their own for the first time. Students who live in the residence halls are closer to their classes and campus resources. Campus residents are also more involved in student life activities and often have *higher GPAs than students living off campus.
*Benefits to Living on Campus
Residence Hall Students:
- Are provided a higher level of safety and security than living off campus
- Have a substantially better chance of graduating
- Have increased feelings of self-confidence and popularity
- Are overall more satisfied with their college experience
- Get more involved with campus activities, gaining leadership skills
- Show greater gains in artistic interests and interpersonal self-esteem
Types of Residence Halls
Our residence environment enhances our students’ development of life skills and independence while also providing for basic needs of safety, comfort, and community. SC offers a wide range of affordable housing options. You can choose a single or double room, as well as rooms with private baths, apartments or lofts.
*Based on studies done by Fleming (1984) and Nobel (1985)