New Student Checklist

Admissions & Advising/Testing
(Stevens Hall) 674-6446 Ext. 2000

  • Complete admissions application
  • Request official high school transcripts
  • Request official college transcripts. If you have completed college credit while in high school please request an official college transcript.
  • Submit your placement test scores: ACT or Compass (math, reading, and writing). Compass test is $5.00 ($10.00 total) and a picture ID is required.
  • Schedule an appointment with an academic advisor to set up classes for the upcoming semester.
  • Complete the requirements for New Student Orientation

Financial Aid & Scholarships–
(Williams Hall) Ext. 2100

  • Apply for federal aid using the Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA) Please use the NWCCD (Sheridan and Gillette Colleges) school code 003930.
  • Apply for institutional and private scholarships at

Priority Deadline is April 1st.

  • Wyoming high school graduates must apply for the Hathaway Scholarship within 24 months of high school graduation at; select Hathaway Scholarship. Please send a copy of your unofficial high school transcript/GED scores and test scores to the Office of Financial Aid after completing your seventh semester of high school to begin the review of your Hathaway eligibility.

Business Office & Records Office – (Whitney 127) Ext. 2403 & Ext. 2200

  • Submit your completed registration form to the Records Office for processing.
  • Pay your bill before the 1st day of classes. Housing– (Thorne-Rider Commons Building) Ext. 2301
  • Complete applications either on-line, in the Admissions Office, in the Housing Office, or by mail if requested; online applications must be printed and mailed to the Housing Office.
  • Submit the $125 deposit (payable to Sheridan College), and housing application to the Housing Office (attach the deposit to the application

Additional Information

  • Military active duty, reserve, National Guard or veterans contact Brett Burtis at Veteran Services Office (Griffith Memorial Building Room 136, 674-6446 ext. 2720 )
  • Student Support Services Program, contact Joseph Aguirre (307-674-6446 ext. 2826/
  • Student Life and Intramurals, contact Collin Wallace (307-674-6446 ext. 2302/
  • Student Employment and Work Study, contact Human Resources (307-674-6446 ext. 2810/2812)

Steps to Success

  • Apply for admissions.
  • Submit transcripts (college and/or high school).
  • Complete your Placement testing*.

*Note – if you are a graduating high school senior, you may use your ACT scores for placement if you

have a minimum score of 23 in math and a 21 in English. These scores are good up to one year after high school graduation. If a student has already successfully completed a college-level math and/or

English course, official transcripts are needed for verification.

  • Apply for financial aid: FAFSA & Scholarships.
  • Apply for housing (Students are not required to live on campus).
  • Schedule an advising appointment. (307) 674-6446 ext. 2000
  • Complete the requirements for New Student Orientation.
  • Pay your bill before the first day of classes.
  • Enjoy being a General!