NEW STUDENT CHECKLIST
New Student Checklist
Admissions & Advising/Testing
(Stevens Hall) 674-6446 Ext. 2000
- Complete admissions application
- Request official high school transcripts
- Request official college transcripts. If you have completed college credit while in high school please request an official college transcript.
- Submit your placement test scores: ACT or Compass (math, reading, and writing). Compass test is $5.00 ($10.00 total) and a picture ID is required.
- Schedule an appointment with an academic advisor to set up classes for the upcoming semester.
- Complete the requirements for New Student Orientation
Financial Aid & Scholarships–
(Williams Hall) Ext. 2100
- Apply for federal aid using the Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA) Please use the NWCCD (Sheridan and Gillette Colleges) school code 003930.
- Apply for institutional and private scholarships athttp://www.sheridan.edu/site/sc/financial-aid/
Priority Deadline is April 1st.
- Wyoming high school graduates must apply for the Hathaway Scholarship within 24 months of high school graduation at http://www.sheridan.edu/site/sc/financial-aid/hathaway/; select Hathaway Scholarship. Please send a copy of your unofficial high school transcript/GED scores and test scores to the Office of Financial Aid after completing your seventh semester of high school to begin the review of your Hathaway eligibility.
Business Office & Records Office – (Whitney 127) Ext. 2403 & Ext. 2200
- Submit your completed registration form to the Records Office for processing.
- Pay your bill before the 1st day of classes. Housing– (Thorne-Rider Commons Building) Ext. 2301
- Complete applications either on-line, in the Admissions Office, in the Housing Office, or by mail if requested; online applications must be printed and mailed to the Housing Office.
- Submit the $125 deposit (payable to Sheridan College), and housing application to the Housing Office (attach the deposit to the application
- Military active duty, reserve, National Guard or veterans contact Brett Burtis at Veteran Services Office (Griffith Memorial Building Room 136, 674-6446 ext. 2720 firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Student Support Services Program, contact Joseph Aguirre (307-674-6446 ext. email@example.com)
- Student Life and Intramurals, contact Collin Wallace (307-674-6446 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Student Employment and Work Study, contact Human Resources (307-674-6446 ext. 2810/2812)
Steps to Success
- Apply for admissions.
- Submit transcripts (college and/or high school).
- Complete your Placement testing*.
*Note – if you are a graduating high school senior, you may use your ACT scores for placement if you
have a minimum score of 23 in math and a 21 in English. These scores are good up to one year after high school graduation. If a student has already successfully completed a college-level math and/or
English course, official transcripts are needed for verification.
- Apply for financial aid: FAFSA & Scholarships.
- Apply for housing (Students are not required to live on campus).
- Schedule an advising appointment. (307) 674-6446 ext. 2000
- Complete the requirements for New Student Orientation.
- Pay your bill before the first day of classes.
- Enjoy being a General!