I’m a Former SC Student
Congratulations on your decision to return to Sheridan College! Please read through the list as some steps can occur simultaneously. We look forward to helping you achieve your academic and professional goals.
Feel free to contact us at anytime during this process, we are here to help.
Sheridan College Admissions:
(307) 674-6446 ext. 2000 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Returning students may also work on steps 3, 4, 5, and 8 simultaneously.
STEP 1: COMPLETE RETURNING STUDENT ADMISSIONS APPLICATION (IF APPLICABLE)
For questions about Step 1, contact Admissions at (307) 674-6446 ext. 2000 or email us at email@example.com.
- Requirements:You only need to apply if:
It has been two or more years since attending Sheridan College.
Your name, address or other personal information has changed.
- To Do: Apply Online. There is no application fee.
- What to Expect: You will receive an official letter welcoming you to SC within a week once you are admitted.
- Important Dates For Applying
STEP 2: TAKE COMPASS TEST (IF APPLICABLE)
For questions about Step 2, contact Admissions directly at (307) 674-6446 ext. 2000.
- Compass Testing (Math and English Placement Tests)
- Requirements:You DO NOT need to take the Compass Test if:
- You’ve taken college level Math and English classes and received a grade of “C” or above. Skip to step 3.
- You’ve taken the Compass test less than a year ago. Compass test scores are only good for one year.
If you have scores from another institution, please have them faxed to (307) 674-3373, Attention: Admissions.
Scores must be submitted before registering for classes.
- To Do: To schedule a Compass test for Math and/or English, contact Enrollment Services at (307) 674-6446 ext. 2000. If you take a Compass test at SC, the scores will automatically be submitted to admissions.
- What to Expect: Each test requires a photo ID, costs $5, and takes about an hour.
- Where to Take the Test: GMB Room 111, inside the Student Success Center. Campus Map
- Requirements:You DO NOT need to take the Compass Test if:
- Important Dates For Submitting Scores
STEP 3: SUBMIT OFFICIAL COPIES OF COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS (OTHER THAN SC)
For questions about Step 3, contact Admissions directly at (307) 674-6446 ext. 2000.
- Requirements: Submit official copies of transcripts for any colleges you attended after SC. If SC already has your transcripts from another institution, you can skip this step.
- To Do: Submit transcripts.
PO Box 1500
Sheridan, WY 82801
- Important Dates For Submitting Transcripts
STEP 4: APPLY FOR FAFSA, SCHOLARSHIPS & FINANCIAL AID
For questions about Step 4, please contact Financial Aid at (307) 674-6446 ext. 2101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To Do: All students are encouraged to apply online for federal aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Apply on-line at www.fafsa.ed.gov as early as possible. Use school code 003930 for Sheridan or Gillette Colleges.
- Priority Deadline: April 1st
- Requirements: One scholarship application and one letter.
- To Do: All students are encouraged to apply for institutional scholarships by contacting Financial Aid (307) 674-6446 ext. 2100 or email email@example.com. Also, you can review different types of scholarships.
- Deadline: April 1st
- Financial Questions and Advising
- To Do: For financial aid questions on grants, loans, work-study, scholarships or money management, we are available as a resource and welcome you to contact Financial Aid at (307) 674-6446 ext. 2101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 5: MEET WITH AN ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR
For questions about Step 5, please contact Admissions at (307) 674-6446 ext. 2000.
- Requirement: All first-time students at SC must meet with an admissions counselor.
- To Do: Meet with an admissions counselor to review general information and to schedule an advising appointment.
- Important Dates: You can make an appointment with an admissions counselor on or after the date that Fall Registration opens.
STEP 6: MEET WITH AN ADVISOR
For questions about Step 6, please contact Advising at (307) 674-6446 ext. 2000.
- Requirement: All returning students at SC must meet with an advisor.
- To Do: Make an appointment to meet with an advisor to select classes for your course schedule.
- Important Dates: You can make an appointment with an advisor on or after the date that Fall Registration opens up.
- Note: After your first semester in school, you will meet with your Faculty Advisor to work on your course schedule, though the Advising office is always available help with any questions you might have about selecting the correct classes for graduation.
STEP 7: REGISTER FOR CLASSES
For questions about Step 7, please contact Records and Registration at (307) 674-6446 ext. 2201 or 2203.
- Requirements: Your course schedule with an advisor’s signature.
- To Do: Register for classes by dropping your course schedule off at the Registration and Records office in the Whitney Building, Room W127. Campus Map
- Important Dates For Fall Registration
STEP 8: APPLY FOR HOUSING (NOT REQUIRED)
For questions about Step 8, please contact Residential Education and Housing Office, (307) 674-6446 ext. 2301. The Housing Office is located in the Thorne-Rider Commons Building. See also: Living on Campus
- To Do: Follow housing application instructions, complete application and submit $125 deposit fee. It is recommended that students submit their application for housing as soon as possible.
- Important Dates For Housing Application
STEP 9: PAY EXPENSES
For questions about Step 9, please contact the Business Office, (307) 674-6446 ext. 2405.
- To Do: Tuition, fees, housing and other expenses must be paid (or arranged to be paid) on or before the payment deadline date. The Business Office is located in the Whitney Building, Room W134. Campus Map
- Important Dates For Paying Expenses
STEP 10: OBTAIN COLLEGE ID
For questions about Step 10, please contact Residential Education and Housing Office, (307) 674-6446 ext. 2301.
- Requirement: Tuition and expenses need to be paid before obtaining an ID.
- To Do: Obtain a college picture ID card, available in the Housing Office, located in the Thorne-Rider Commons Building. Campus Map
STEP 11: BUY BOOKS
For questions about Step 11, please contact the Bookstore, (307) 674-6446 ext. 4102.
- To Do: Purchase textbooks from the SC General Store, located in the lower level of the Thorne-Rider Commons Building. Campus Map
STEP 12: ATTEND ORIENTATION
For questions about Step 12, please contact Advising [Link to Advising] at (307) 674-6446 ext. 2000.
- Requirement: If it has been more than 2 years since attending SC, orientation is required for all students who have 6 or more credit hours, and all degree-seeking candidates.
- To Do: Schedule an appointment to attend an orientation session with the Advising Office, (307) 674-6446 ext. 2000.