I JUST WANT TO TAKE A CLASS
Congratulations on your decision to apply for Sheridan College! We look forward to helping you achieve your academic and professional goals.
Please read through the list as some steps can occur simultaneously. Feel free to contact us at anytime during this process, we are here to help.
Sheridan College Admissions:
(307) 674-6446 ext. 2000 or email us at email@example.com.
STEP 1: ADMISSION
For questions about Step 1, contact Admissions at (307) 674-6446 ext. 2000 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Requirement: You must be at least 16 years of age.
- To Do: Apply Online. There is no application fee.
- What to Expect: We will sit down with you and help you step-by-step to fill out any necessary paperwork and register you for classes as long as the class you want to take does not have a prerequisite. Check the class schedules to see if the course you want to take has a prerequisite.
- Important: If the class you want to take is NOT a math, English, or Psychology class, please skip step 2 and 4.
- Important: If the class you want to take does NOT have a prerequisite, please skip step 3.
- Where to go: Admissions office, Stevens Hall, (307) 674-6446 ext. 2000. Campus Map
- Important Dates For Applying
STEP 2: SUBMIT OFFICIAL COPIES OF COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS (IF COURSE HAS PREREQUISITES)
For questions about Step 2, contact Admissions directly at (307) 674-6446 ext. 2000.
Check the class schedules to see if the course you want to take has a prerequisite.
Important: You only need to submit transcripts if you’ve taken a prerequisite for your class at another college.
- Requirements: Submit official copies of transcripts for any colleges you attended other than SC. If SC already has your transcripts from another institution, you can skip this step.
- To Do: Submit transcripts.
PO Box 1500
Sheridan, WY 82801
- Important Dates For Submitting Transcripts
STEP 3: MEET WITH AN ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR
For questions about Step 3, please contact Admissions at (307) 674-6446 ext. 2000.
- Requirement: All first-time students at SC must meet with an admissions counselor.
- To Do: Meet with an admissions counselor to review general information and to schedule an advising appointment.
- Important Dates: You can make an appointment with an admissions counselor on or after the date that Fall Registration opens.
STEP 4: MEET WITH AN ADVISOR (OPTIONAL)
For questions about Step 3, please contact Advising at (307) 674-6446 ext. 2000.
- Requirement: Only needed if you are taking a Math, English or Psychology class
- To Do: Make an appointment to meet with an advisor to select classes for your course schedule.
- Important Dates: You can make an appointment with an advisor on or after the date that Fall Registration opens up.
- Note: After your first semester in school, you will meet with your Faculty Advisor to work on your course schedule, though the Advising office is always available help with any questions you might have about selecting the correct classes for graduation.
STEP 5: PAY EXPENSES
For questions about Step 5, please contact the Business Office, (307) 674-6446 ext. 2405.
STEP 6: OBTAIN COLLEGE ID
For questions about Step 6, please contact Residential Education and Housing Office, (307) 674-6446 ext. 2301.
- Requirements: Tuition and expenses need to be paid before obtaining an ID.
- To Do: Obtain a college picture ID card, available in the Housing Office, located in the Thorne-Rider Commons Building. Campus Map
STEP 7: BUY BOOKS
For questions about Step 7, please contact the Bookstore, (307) 674-6446 ext. 4102.
- To Do: Purchase textbooks from the SC General Store, located in the lower level of the Thorne-Rider Commons Building. Campus Map