DISBURSEMENT OF FINANCIAL AID
With the exception of Federal Work Study, financial aid is generally disbursed in two even installments and applied first to your NWCCD charges (tuition, fees, bookstore charges, and on-campus room and board). All aid – with the exception of Federal Work Study – is disbursed within 7-10 days of the end of the add/drop period, or census date. Any remaining balance is delivered to you in the form of a check by mail. The first checks will be mailed on the Thursday following the week that includes the census date. Checks will be sent out every other Thursday for the rest of the semester for any aid applied after the first checks are delivered. First-time borrowers of Federal Direct Loans have an altered disbursement schedule. Please refer to the “Loan Disbursement” section below for further details.
- For scholarships, you must return the Scholarship Acceptance form and a “thank you” letter for the donor before funds will be disbursed.
- For private scholarships, your donor must send the funds to Sheridan or Gillette College before the funds can be disbursed to you.
Work-Study Earnings Disbursement
Work-study funds are paid as earned. Paydays are on the 15th and 30th of each month. Your earnings are sent by check to your mailing address on WebAdvisor or deposited directly to your bank account.
- For the Federal Direct and PLUS Loans, a Master Promissory Note (MPN) must be completed before money can be disbursed to you. For the Federal Direct Loan, you must complete a Loan Counseling Session if you are a first-time borrower.
- The first disbursement for first-time loan borrowers is applied to students’ accounts 30 calender days after the beginning of the semester. Any credit balance checks will be delivered in at least the second mailing of refund checks for the semester.
- The Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) will be disbursed according to the option selected by your parents on the Parent Loan Request (PLR) form.
- For alternative loans, the lender must send the funds to NWCCD before money can be disbursed to you.