Thorne Rider Campus Center
12,000 square feet new & 16,000 square feet remodel
- The renovation and expansion of this center has been a top project in the master plan for over 10 years.
- The center was built in 1966 for 100 resident students while the college now has over 400 resident students and has significant deferred maintenance issues in the building and infrastructure (mechanical, electrical, sewer, roof, windows, doors).
- Bones of the building are good and it is cost effective to gut, remodel, and expand.
- Modern food court with 400+ seating capacity
- Student life, clubs, and government offices and meeting spaces
- Mail room
- Large student activities room and hang-out space with wood burning pizza oven
- Veteran’s lounge, computer lab, and meeting space