Thorne-Rider Campus Center
Completed in August 2014, the new Thorne-Rider Campus Center features an additional 12,000 square feet and 16,000 squre feet of remodeled, student life space.
- The renovation and expansion of this center had been a top project in the Master Plan for more than 10 years.
- The Campus Center was built in 1966 for 100 resident students while the college now has more than 400 resident students. The Campus Center had significant deferred maintenance issues in the building and infrastructure (mechanical, electrical, sewer, roof, windows, doors).
- The college saved money by keeping the foundation and renovating 16,000 sq. feet.
- TRCC includes a modern food court with 700-plus seating capacity and a brick oven pizzeria
- The Center also includes space for meetings, student life, clubs, government, as well as a mail room and police office
- TRCC features a large student activities room and bleacher-style seating
- The facility provides veteran students their own lounge, computer lab and meeting space