Thorne-Rider Campus Center
- The renovation and expansion of the Campus Center had been a top project in the Master Plan for more than a decade.
- The Campus Center was built in 1966 for 100 resident students. The college now has more than 400 resident students.
- The Campus Center had significant deferred maintenance issues in the building and infrastructure (mechanical, electrical, sewer, roof, windows, doors).
- Construct an additional 12,000 square feet and renovate 16,000 square feet to enhance student life while also providing space to the community.
- The college saved money by keeping the foundation and renovating a substantial portion, rather than demolishing the building.
- CTA Architects provided the architecture and KWN Construction was the Construction Manager at Risk.
- The Thorne-Rider Campus Center was $11.7 million.
- Sheridan College funded $6.2 million and raised $5.5 million through private donations.
- The Thorne-Rider Campus Center was completed in August 2014.
- The Campus Center includes a modern food court with 700-plus seating capacity and a brick oven pizzeria.
- The Campus Center also includes space for meetings, student life, clubs, government, as well as a mail room and police office.
- The Campus Center features a large student activities room and bleacher-style seating, ideal for performances during the lunch hour.
- The facility provides veteran students their own lounge, computer lab and meeting space.