Edward A. Whitney Academic Center
The Edward A. Whitney Academic Center at Sheridan College became a reality in March of 2011, when the Wyoming Legislature approved funding for a new Academic Center at Sheridan College. The $7.5 million in funding from the state required local matching funds, and Whitney Benefits Inc. generously offered to provide the match needed. A new academic building has long been No. 1 on a list of projects in Sheridan College’s master plan. The Whitney Academic Center was completed in August 2013.
The completed Whitney Academic Center includes 35,000 square feet of new space and connects with the east side of the current Whitney Building. This building also includes renovation of 18,000 square feet of the previous building.
The new and renovated space is designed for student success and replaces outdated classrooms with collaboration spaces, learning labs and laboratories that enhance learning opportunities. The entire student experience was improved with welcoming and gathering spaces, collocated student services offices and a new front door for the entire campus.
- 9 classrooms/collaborations rooms, including computer labs, physic lab, GIS/Cad Lab
- Center for teaching and learning and learning lab
- Large tiered classroom
- Student and business services including recruiting, admissions, financial aid, advising, testing, records, registration, and business office.
- Outdoor Education office
- Bookstore and coffee shop
- Gathering space and welcome center
- Faculty offices and writing center