Edward A. Whitney Academic Center
The Edward A. Whitney Academic Center at Sheridan College became a reality in March of 2011, when the Wyoming Legislature approved funding for a new Academic Center at Sheridan College. The $7.5 million dollars in funding from the state required local matching funds, and Whitney Benefits, Inc. generously offered to provide the match needed. A new academic building has long been number one on a list of projects in the College’s master plan.
The center will include 35,000 square feet of new space and will connect with the east side of the current Whitney Building. This project will also include renovation of 18,000 square feet of the current building.
The new and renovated space is designed for student success and replaces outdated classrooms with collaboration spaces, learning labs and laboratories that enhance learning opportunities. The entire student experience will be improved with welcoming and gathering spaces, collocated student services offices and a new front door for the entire campus.
Some components of the project include:
- 9 classrooms/collaborations rooms, including computer labs, physic lab, GIS/Cad Lab
- Center for teaching and learning and learning lab
- Large tiered classroom
- Student and business services including recruiting, admissions, financial aid, advising, testing, records, registration, and business office.
- Outdoor Education office
- Bookstore and coffee shop
- Gathering space and welcome center
- Faculty offices and writing center