Sheridan College Construction
Sheridan College is currently expanding and improving our physical resources to best serve our students and communities, in accordance with our strategic priorities and our completion goal.
Sheridan College Our Plan
General Construction Updates
Click here for our most up to date construction information.
- Construct 35,000 sq. ft. of new space to create high-tech classrooms, student welcome center and flexible community space
- Remodel 18,000 sq. ft. of the existing Whitney Building for updated faculty learning center, faculty offices, and student study/work areas
- Remodel the current student commons (16,180 sq. ft.) and construct new space (16,937 sq. ft.) to accommodate current and planned student population (Year 1966 – 100 resident students, Year 2012 – 450 resident students, our plan – 750 resident students)
- Provide spaces and resources that meet student needs, attract and engage students
- Renovation and expansion of the aging Tech Center Addition of 27,205 sq. ft. instructional space and new industry training center
- Renovation of 25,795 sq. ft. existing instructional space
General Construction Updates
Please check back here for updated information on construction related news on Sheridan College’s campus.
- July 1, 2014 – ARCH RFQ Requirements North Whitney.
- July 1, 2014 – CMAR Proposal Requirements – North Whitney.
- May 28, 2013 – Construction on the E.A. Whitney Academic Center continues on schedule. Paint and flooring are being installed, and expected occupancy is mid-August.
- May 28, 2013 – Construction fences are being installed around the work zone for the renovation and expansion of the Thorne Rider Campus Center. This project is expected to be complete in August of 2014.
- THORNE RIDER STUDENT COMMONS – Request for Qualifications for CMAR services are being accepted through Friday, September 7th at 2 pm MST. CMAR Proposal Requirements Instructions.
- CONSTRUCTION UPDATE – The main parking lot and entrance are now open!
- April 17, 2012, 1:00 pm – bids due on second bid package. Sealed bids accepted in person and by mail to 3059 Coffeen Avenue, Sheridan, WY 82801 Room W163, Attention Kent Andersen. For questions contact Construction Manager Brian Bolton, KWN Construction LLC, firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 3, 2012, 10:00 am – Pre-bid meeting for second bid package. Sheridan College Board Room, W145C, bidders strongly encouraged to attend.
- March 27, 2012, 2:00 pm – bids due on first bid package. Bids accepted in person and by mail to 3059 Coffeen Avenue, Sheridan, WY 82801 Room W163. Public bid opening March 27, 2012, 3:00 pm, same location. For questions contact Construction Manager Brian Bolton, KWN Construction LLC, email@example.com
- January 2012 – Orientation Session scheduled for January 31, 10 am in CTEL. This is a non-mandatory orientation for vendors, suppliers, and contractors to learn about the project and the bid process.
- November 2011 – Preliminary steps to prepare the site for construction has begun. The project will include additional changes to the entryway, the road, and traffic patterns on campus. Construction will begin this spring, weather permitting.