Sheridan College Construction
Sheridan College is currently expanding and improving our physical resources to best serve our students and communities, in accordance with our strategic priorities and our completion goal.
Sheridan College Our Plan to 2020
Construction Updates for Sheridan College:
- Planning and design phase began in summer 2014 with CTA Architects
- Construction began in winter 2014.
- The Whitney Center for the Arts will provide a cutting edge space for a variety of art disciplines
- The Center will include recital and performance space, as well as studios, classrooms and a concert hall
- The AgriPark, located on the north end of Sheridan, will serve as a large animal science facility
- The building is 45,000 sq. feet and will feature a 122′ x 226′ indoor arena that will be home to the Sheridan College men’s and women’s rodeo teams
- The building will have academic space, stabling, horse stalls and a pasture
- The AgriPark sits on 48 acres donated by local philanthropist Neltje
Technical Education Center (phase 1 underway)
- Renovation and expansion of the aging Tech Center. Addition of 27,205 sq. ft. instructional space and new industry training center
- Renovation of 25,795 sq. ft. existing instructional space
- The renovation and expansion of the Tech Center will be complete in 2017.
- The total cost is $13 million, as Sheridan College raised half the funds and will seek matching funds from the state of Wyoming in 2016
Thorne-Rider Campus Center (complete)
- Completed August 2014. Remodeled the student commons (16,180 sq. ft.) and constructed new space (16,937 sq. ft.) to accommodate current and planned student population (In 1966, 100 resident students; in 2012, 450 resident students; our plan is 750 resident students)
- TRCC provides space and resources that meet student needs, whiling attracting and engaging students
- TRCC features an activity room with a movie screen, food court-style dining and bleacher-style seating
Edward A. Whitney Academic Center (complete)
- Completed in August 2013
- Constructed 35,000 sq. ft. of new space to create high-tech classrooms, a comprehensive student welcome center and flexible student life and community space
- Remodeled 18,000 sq. ft. of the existing Whitney Building for updated faculty learning center, faculty offices and student study/work areas
General Construction Updates
Please check back here for updated information on construction related news on Sheridan College’s campus.
- Fall 2014 – Construction and renovation to begin on North Whitney
- July 1, 2014 – ARCH RFQ Requirements — North Whitney.
- July 1, 2014 – CMAR Proposal Requirements — North Whitney.
- August 2014 – Thorne-Rider Campus Center construction complete
- August 2013 – E.A. Whitney Academic Center construction complete