Diesel Technology | Admissions Application
The diesel engine is the workhorse powering the Nation’s trucks and buses, because it delivers more power and is more durable than it’s gasoline-burning counterpart. Diesel service technicians repair and maintain the diesel engines that power transportation equipment such as heavy trucks, buses, and locomotives. Some diesel technicians and mechanics also work on heavy vehicles and mobile equipment, including bulldozers, cranes, road graders, and farm equipment.
Increasingly, technicians must be flexible in order to adapt to customers’ needs and new technologies. It is common for technicians to handle all kinds of repairs, from working on a vehicle’s electrical system one day to doing major engine repairs the next. Diesel maintenance is becoming increasingly complex as more electronic components are used to control the operation of an engine. Students graduating with a Certificate of Completion from Sheridan College will be ready for entry-level positions in the mechanic field. Technicians and mechanics with an Associate Degree may advance to shop supervisor or service manager. Employers tend to appreciate the commitment made by students who receive the Associate Degree, and those employees tend to advance to supervisory status quickly.
The Sheridan College diesel program has some of the most up-to-date training equipment around. Smaller class sizes allow the instructor more one-on-one time with students. Our excellent hands-on training has led to our successful job placement rate of 90 % for the past seven years.
Admission Application for Sheridan College Diesel Program
(Application deadline is March 1st)
Sheridan College Diesel Program required documents:
- Completed Sheridan College Admissions Application (online at www.sheridan.edu) – New Students Only
- Completed Sheridan College Diesel Admissions Application. (Click here to download the Diesel Admissions Application form)
- Submit high school transcripts or GED to the Admissions Office
- Submit college or technical school transcripts (if applicable) to the Admissions Office
- Completed placement exams or ACT
- Two letters of recommendation (including contact information)
- Completed Personal Statement
Please submit the completed Diesel Admissions Application and recommendation letters to:
PO Box 1500
Sheridan, WY 82801