OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Sheridan College graduates will be competent dental hygienists who uphold professional and ethical standards through critical-thinking, evidence-based decision making. They will demonstrate empathy and compassion when providing care to diverse populations and strive to be effective team members. They will be conscientious, life-long learners who actively participate in their communities and the dental hygiene profession.
SHERIDAN COLLEGE DENTAL HYGIENE PROGRAM GOALS
As an integral part of Sheridan College and the community, those who teach, advise, and learn in the dental hygiene program are committed to the following goals:
- Practice dental hygiene care according to established professional and ethical standards.
- Demonstrate clinical skills for individualized client care in various practice settings.
- Evaluate the social, mental, intellectual, physical, and spiritual factors influencing the health and well-being of diverse populations.
- Relate life-long learning and self-evaluation to professional practice.
- Apply scientific and theoretical principles to dental hygiene practice relevant to the changing needs of society.
- Develop partnerships within the community.
- Participate in the dental hygiene professional association.