OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Sheridan College Dental Hygiene Program is to graduate dental hygienists who are competent in meeting the diverse needs of individuals and groups within a community-clinically, ethically and legally. Through education and service, the program’s focus is on developing professionals who exhibit compassion, responsibility, leadership, and a commitment to life-long learning.
SHERIDAN COLLEGE DENTAL HYGIENE PROGRAM GOALS
- Practice dental hygiene care according to established professional and ethical standards.
- Apply scientific and theoretical principles to dental hygiene practice relevant to the changing needs of society.
- Demonstrate clinical skills for individualized client care in various practice settings.
- Evaluate the social, mental, physical, and spiritual factors influencing the health and well-being of diverse populations.
- Develop partnerships within the community.
- Relate life-long learning and self-evaluation to professional practice.
- Participate in the dental hygiene professional association.