ONLINE TUTORIALS & GUIDES
Announcement: Noodletools subscription has been cancelled. The libraries still offer a citation assistant tool. Refworks. Please contact the library to ask for the group code.
¬†Need help with research? These will help guide you in the right direction.
Online tutorials, guides, and LibGuides list databases, websites, and books that will help with each topic.
- RefWorks, export citations from databases . Refworks guide
- APA Style, APA style help from the APA.
- OWL @ Purdue Online Writing Lab @ Purdue: excellent website with APA and MLA guidelines and examples
- A tutorial on creating citations. (14 min., 30 seconds)
- A tutorial on searching subscription databases.
- Learn the basics of searching library online databases.(9 min. 11 seconds)
- TIP, U. of Wyoming information literacy tutorial. Generally used in ENG 1020 classes.
- Turnitin, submit research papers online to check for plagiarism and copyright infringement.
- Copyright and Fair Use (Stanford University Libraries)
- “Copyright Basics” (U.S. Copyright Circular, Office Circular 1)
- Copyright Crash Course (University of Texas System)
- Copyright Advisory Office (Columbia University)
- Copyright Search (U. S. Copyright Office)
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act Summary (U.S. Copyright Office)
- Final Report to the Commissioner on the Conclusion of the Conference on Fair Use (.pdf)
- Public Domain Music (Public Domain Information Project)
- “Reproductions of Copyrighted Works by Educators and Librarians” (U.S. Copyright Circular, Office Circular 21)
- The TEACH ActThe Teach Act Toolkit(North Carolina State University)Checklist for Compliance with the TEACH Act (North Carolina State University)