ONLINE TUTORIALS & GUIDES
Announcement: Noodletools subscription has been cancelled. The libraries still offer a citation assistant tool. Refworks. Please contact the library to ask for the group code.
Need help with research? These will help guide you in the right direction.
Online tutorials, guides, and LibGuides list databases, websites, and books that will help with each topic.
- RefWorks, export citations from databases . Refworks guide
- APA Style, APA style help from the APA.
- OWL @ Purdue Online Writing Lab @ Purdue: excellent website with APA and MLA guidelines and examples
- A tutorial on creating citations. (14 min., 30 seconds)
- A tutorial on searching subscription databases.
- Accessing Library DatabasesÂ (running time 7:23)
- Nursing Reference Center (running time 14:33)
- ProQuest Research Companion
- Searching Library Catalogs Â (running time 8:55)
- RefWorks (running time 6:58)
- Learn the basics of searching library online databases.(9 min. 11 seconds)
- TIP, U. of Wyoming information literacy tutorial. Generally used in ENG 1020 classes.
- Turnitin, submit research papers online to check for plagiarism and copyright infringement.
- Copyright and Fair Use (Stanford University Libraries)
- “Copyright Basics” (U.S. Copyright Circular, Office Circular 1)
- Copyright Crash Course (University of Texas System)
- Copyright Advisory Office (Columbia University)
- Copyright Search (U. S. Copyright Office)
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act Summary (U.S. Copyright Office)
- Final Report to the Commissioner on the Conclusion of the Conference on Fair Use (.pdf)
- Public Domain Music (Public Domain Information Project)
- “Reproductions of Copyrighted Works by Educators and Librarians” (U.S. Copyright Circular, Office Circular 21)
- The TEACH ActThe Teach Act Toolkit(North Carolina State University)Checklist for Compliance with the TEACH Act (North Carolina State University)