1. CREATE YOUR STUDENT ACCOUNT
- Along with your acceptance letter, you will receive your MyCollege USERNAME and PIN. You will need this information to create your MyCollege Account.
- To activate your account go to mycollege.sheridan.edu and set up your account by clicking ACCOUNT CREATION in the left hand column.
- This account is for ALL of your communication with the college; to participate in your online classes and connect with your faculty AND to use the other resources we offer for your success!
2. LOG ONTO BLACKBOARD WITH YOUR STUDENT INFORMATION AND COMPLETE ONLINE ORIENTATION.
- Take the SmarterMeasure inventory.
- To pass orientation, you must pass the quiz with an 80% or better. So make sure you pay attention to the information you are learning.
3. ATTEND ORIENTATION SESSIONS
- Attend a MyCollege Navigation Session: During the MyCollege Navigation Sessions, you will be guided by an instructor through the MyCollege activation process and basic use of the services available to you in order to complete HMDV 1005 – Online Orientation. All sessions will meet in GCMN – 160.
- Session Dates:
- January 15th, 5pm -6pm
- January 16th, 5pm-6pm
- January 17th, 11am-12pm
- January 20th, 9am-10am
- January 29th, 9am-10am
- February 4th, 9am-10am
- February 4th, 1pm-2pm
- February 17th, 12pm-1pm
- February 27th, 1pm-2pm
- February 28th, 9am-10am
- Attend the “Meet & Mingle” – Friday, January 17th: Take advantage of this opportunity to meet with faculty for a brunch on January 17th at 9:30am in the Technical Education Center. Please RSVP by 1/13/14, by calling Admissions at 686-0254, ext. 1000.
- Please come with your questions for us to answer!
4. ATTEND YOUR FIRST CLASS MEETING!
- We want you to be successful. Start your semester right by attending all of your first class meeting for each course to find out what is expected of you! This is a great opportunity for both you and your instructor to learn from one another.
5. ASK FOR HELP!
- If you find yourself needing help, stop by and see us. We are easy to find in the main building, just come to the Admissions Office, the Advising Office, the Student Life Office or even the information desk! We will point you in the right direction or find the answers for you.
For further assistance, please contact Admissions at 307.686.0254 ext. 1000