Do you have a busy schedule? Online classes at NWCCD allow you to earn the same credits you would in a traditional classroom from a computer at your convenience.
To help you identify what is takes to succeed in learning online, we have prepared this self-paced orientation to help you:
- Become familiar with the characteristics of a typical online course experience.
- Decide if your learning style is suitable for online learning.
- Determine if your computer system is adequate for online courses.
- Learn basic computer skills required to succeed in online courses.
- Become familiar with accessing and navigating your online courses.
- Identify common communication methods used in online courses.
- Identify assessment methods typical of online courses.
- Find various sources of academic and technical assistance.
Table of Contents
Is Online Learning for Me?
Module 1: The Online Learning Environment
Module 2: Technical Requirements for Online Learning
Module 3: Communicating & Collaborating Online
Module 4: Research & Writing in the Online Environment