Complaint Procedures for Distance Education Students Residing Outside of Wyoming

Students taking online classes offered by NWCCD while residing in states other than Wyoming should attempt to resolve any issues or complaints with the instructor first. If the complaint cannot be resolved with the instructor, students should view NWCCD’s Student Grievance Procedure located in Series 5075.4 of the Student Services: Policies and Procedures Handbook.

Student Grievance Procedure – Page 43

Grade Appeals – Page 46

Students may also review the following Student Services policies and procedures.

Privacy Rights of College Students – Page 9 (Series 5035)

Student Rights – Page 30 (Series 5075.1)

If an issue cannot be resolved internally, a student may also file a complaint with the appropriate agency located within the state in which the student resides. For a list of appropriate agencies operating in each state, please review the following list:

The State Contact Information in the linked list above has been collected by the State Higher Education Executive Officers (SHEEO), and it will be updated as additional information becomes available.

This is in compliance with U.S. Department of Education’s Program Integrity Regulations related to State Authorization.